Free will (solution)
Since free will is about as easy as a philosophical problem in reductionism can get, while still appearing "impossible" to at least some philosophers, it makes a good exercise for aspiring reductionists, which they should try on their own - see the main page on free will.
These posts should not be read until having made a very serious effort on your own.
(Items in italics can be skipped if in a rush.)
- How An Algorithm Feels From Inside and Dissolving the Question - setting up the problem.
- Hand vs. Fingers and Explaining vs. Explaining Away - elementary reductionism.
- Timeless Causality
- Thou Art Physics
- Timeless Control
- Possibility and Could-ness
- Causality and Moral Responsibility
- The Ultimate Source
- All Less Wrong posts tagged "free_will"