Map and Territory (sequence)
A collection of posts dealing with the fundamentals of rationality: the difference between the map and the territory, Bayes's Theorem and the nature of evidence, why anyone should care about truth, and minds as reflective cognitive engines.
Introductory Posts and Essays
- The Simple Truth @yudkowsky.net
- What Do We Mean By "Rationality"?
- An Intuitive Explanation of Bayes's Theorem @yudkowsky.net
- Why truth? And...
- What is Evidence?
- How Much Evidence Does It Take?
- How to Convince Me That 2 + 2 = 3
- Occam's Razor
- The Lens That Sees Its Flaws