This is a collection of interesting discussion threads that have appeared on Less Wrong.
These special threads are created periodically. ('All' links lead to the latest thread as of July 26th, 2013. Rationality Quotes and Open Thread threads now have an automatically updating link on the main and discussion sections of LW, respectively, so will not be updated here.)
- Welcome to LessWrong! (July 2013): introduce yourself here if you are new
- Open Thread, July 1-15, 2013: posted fortnightly to collect "random" topics not deserving a whole post
- Rationality Quotes July 2013: posted monthly to collect quotes of interest
- What are you working on? February 2013: posted bimonthly for discussing users' current projects
- Media Thread, June 2013: posted monthly to collect recommendations/reviews for media (books, movies, anime etc)
- HPMoR Discussion thread, part 19: Chapter 88-89: posted sporadically for discussing the fanfic Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Tell Us Your Rationalist Origin Story
- The Most Important Thing You've Learned, The Most Frequently Useful Thing, That You'd Tell All Your Friends (may be useful for finding interesting posts to read)
- Issues and bugs: use this bug tracker to raise issues about blog's underlying software (open-ended discussion of suggestions is more appropriate in open threads)
- Here is some information about contributing to the Less Wrong code base
- Solved Problems Repository A collection of "solved problems in instrumental rationality."
- Useful Concepts Repository A collection of concepts that Less Wrong users have "found particularly useful for understanding the world."
- Boring Advice Repository A collection of advice that is optimized for helpfulness rather than depth of insight
- Useful Questions Repository Questions that are useful to keep in mind in various situations
- Bad Concepts Repository A collection of useless or harmful concepts
- Grad Student Advice Repository A collection of advice for graduate students
- Textbook Repository The best textbooks on every subject
- Reference Repository List of references and resources for LessWrong
- Procedural Knowledge Gaps How to do things that are "common sense" but that you may not know.
- Mistakes Repository Life course changing mistakes made by LW members.
- Previous welcome threads:
- All threads for rationality quotes
- Some open threads and older ones (not all open threads are tagged with open_thread)
- All 'What are you working on?' threads
- All media threads
- Where we are: a hierarchically organized thread for locating other Less Wrong users (somewhat obsolete due to new meetup system).