|This article might be suitable to merge into H+Pedia.|
Ben Goertzel is the Chairman at the AGI company Novamente, and founder of the AGI conference series.
Goertzel held the title of "Director of Research" at the Machine Intelligence Research Institute in 2008 while SI and Novamente funded the AI project OpenCog. Goertzel is currently an advisor for SI. He notably disagrees with SI's arguments regarding the need for Friendly AI.
- The Singularity Institute's Scary Idea (and Why I Don't Buy It)
- What Would It Take to Move Rapidly Toward Beneficial Human-Level AGI?
- Mitigating the Risks of Artificial Superintelligence
- Does Humanity Need an AI Nanny?
- Muehlhauser-Goertzel Dialogue, Part 1, Part 2
- Superintelligence: Fears, Promises and Potentials
- Goertzel's personal website.
- Experts on artificial general intelligence provide estimates for the future of AGI., Baum, Seth D., Ben Goertzel, and Ted G. Goertzel, 2011.
- OpenCog on Wikipedia.