Connotation is a subjective cultural and/or emotional coloration in addition to the explicit or denotative meaning of any specific word or phrase in a language, i.e. emotional association with a word.
- When Truth is a Trap by David J. Balan
- Useless Medical Disclaimers - Inability of most people to adequately process statistical information causes even mentioning of negative possibilities, with probability however small, to produce significant negative affect.
- Rationality and the English Language
- Sneaking in Connotations
- When Truth Isn't Enough by Yvain
- Not technically a lie
- Affect heuristic
- Inferential distance, scope insensitivity
- A Human's Guide to Words