Difference between revisions of "Costs of rationality"
m (→Blog posts)
(lk bounded rationality)
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
Revision as of 05:03, 18 July 2009
Becoming more rational can only guarantee one thing: what you believe will include more of the truth. Knowing that truth might help you achieve your goals or the truth may cause you to become a pariah. Be sure that you really want to know the truth before you commit to finding it, otherwise you may flinch from it.
- Doublethink (Choosing to be Biased) by Eliezer Yudkowsky
- The Costs of Rationality by Robin Hanson
- How Much Thought by jimrandomh
- Theism, Wednesday, and Not Being Adopted by Alicorn
- Making Beliefs Pay Rent (in Anticipated Experiences) by Eliezer Yudkowsky