Costs of rationality
Becoming more epistemically rational can only guarantee one thing: what you believe will include more of the truth. Knowing that truth might help you achieve your goals, or cause you to become a pariah. Be sure that you really want to know the truth before you commit to finding it; otherwise, you may flinch from it.
- Doublethink (Choosing to be Biased)
- The Costs of Rationality by Robin Hanson
- Debiasing as Non-Self-Destruction
- How Much Thought by jimrandomh
- Theism, Wednesday, and Not Being Adopted by Alicorn
- Making Beliefs Pay Rent (in Anticipated Experiences)