The term Dark Arts refers to rhetorical techniques crafted to exploit human cognitive biases, deep-rooted memes and conceptual metaphors in order to persuade, deceive, or otherwise manipulate a person into irrationally accepting beliefs perpetuated by the practitioner of the Arts.
- PowerPoint is a well-known persuasion technology which is commonly used in education and business. It is designed to induce a trance state which disables independent, rational thinking.
- Against Propaganda by Robin Hanson
- Lying With Style by Robin Hanson
- Defense Against The Dark Arts: Case Study #1 by Yvain
- Informers and Persuaders by Eliezer_Yudkowsky