Epistemic hygiene consists of practices meant to allow accurate beliefs to spread within a community and keep less accurate or biased beliefs contained. The practices are meant to serve an analogous purpose to normal hygiene and sanitation in containing disease. "Good cognitive citizenship" is another phrase that has been proposed for this concept.
- Raising the Sanity Waterline
- The ethic of hand-washing and community epistemic practice by AnnaSalamon
- Hygienic Anecdotes by badger
- Reason as memetic immune disorder by Phil Goetz
- Free Will: Good Cognitive Citizenship with Will Wilkinson and Eliezer Yudkowsky