Difference between revisions of "Joy in the Merely Real"
m (→Blog Posts: added Mundane Magic)
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
* [http://lesswrong.com/lw/hs/think_like_reality/ Think Like Reality] (and [http://lesswrong.com/lw/ht/beware_the_unsurprised/ Beware the Unsurprised])
*[http://lesswrong.com/lw/hs/think_like_reality/ Think Like Reality] (and [http://lesswrong.com/lw/ht/beware_the_unsurprised/ Beware the Unsurprised])
* [[Reality is normal]]
*[[Reality is normal]][[Egan's Law
Latest revision as of 23:18, 31 October 2009
If dragons were common, and you could look at one in the zoo - but zebras were a rare legendary creature that had finally been decided to be mythical - then there's a certain sort of person who would ignore dragons, who would never bother to look at dragons, and chase after rumors of zebras. The grass is always greener on the other side of reality.
Which is rather setting ourselves up for eternal disappointment, eh? If we cannot take joy in the merely real, our lives shall be empty indeed.
- Joy in the Merely Real
- Joy in Discovery
- Bind Yourself to Reality
- If You Demand Magic, Magic Won't Help
- The Beauty of Settled Science
- Amazing Breakthrough Day: April 1st
- Is Humanism a Religion-Substitute?
- To Spread Science, Keep It Secret
- Initiation Ceremony
- Awww, a Zebra