Less Wrong Slack
LessWrong has a Slack group!
Slack is a communication tool, to exchange and discuss about various topics. The LW Slack looks like a chatroom and works like a chatroom, with emphasis on topic-centered channels to enable multiple discussions running in parallel at different paces.
To join us, please send a message to LessWrong user Elo with your email address.
There is also an active Russian group at http://slack.lesswrong.ru/
Goals of the group
The following sums up and expands on the founding post.
We aim for constructive and charitable conversations between LessWrongers, including (but not limited to):
- steelmanning in debates
- respect of others
Our many goals and purposes include (the list is growing):
- Productive conversations (making progress is key)
- Learning, information and experience exchange
- Life advice in all kinds of areas, outsourcing of decisions (when effective)
- Collaborative creation of fresh rationality content
- Safe space for friendly rational conversation on the Internet (a nice place to hang out)
- A more coherent and strongly connected Less Wrong
- Development of ideas and strategies to improve the world, personally
This list is non-exhaustive.
|open||Open conversation (water cooler)|
|art_and_media||Books, movies, media in general|
|business_and_startups||Startups, industry and business|
|goals_of_lesswrong||Meta-discussion about the LW main site, the LW Slack and rationality|
|human_relationships||Social intelligence and interactions|
|parenting||Parenting advice and education|
|programming||Computer Science, hacking and learning|
|projects||Personal projects, feedback and accountability|
|real_life_advice||Practical advice and life hacks|
|science_n_technology||Scientific concepts, discussion over state of the art and possible achievements|