Less Wrong Slack
LessWrong has a Slack group!
Slack is a communication tool, to exchange and discuss about various topics. The LW Slack looks like a chatroom and works like a chatroom, with emphasis on topic-centered channels to enable multiple discussions running in parallel at different paces.
To join us, please send a message to LessWrong user Elo with your email address.
Goals of the group
The following sums up and expands on the founding post.
We aim for constructive and charitable conversations between LessWrongers, including (but not limited to):
- steelmanning in debates
- respect of others
Our many goals and purposes include (the list is growing):
- Productive conversations (making progress is key)
- Learning, information and experience exchange
- Life advice in all kinds of areas, outsourcing of decisions (when effective)
- Collaborative creation of fresh rationality content
- Safe space for friendly rational conversation on the Internet (a nice place to hang out)
- A more coherent and strongly connected Less Wrong
- Development of ideas and strategies to improve the world, personally
This list is non-exhaustive.
|open||Open conversation (water cooler)|
|art_and_media||Books, movies, media in general|
|business_and_startups||Startups, industry and business|
|goals_of_lesswrong||Meta-discussion about the LW main site, the LW Slack and rationality|
|human_relationships||Social intelligence and interactions|
|parenting||Parenting advice and education|
|programming||Computer Science, hacking and learning|
|projects||Personal projects, feedback and accountability|
|real_life_advice||Practical advice and life hacks|
|science_n_technology||Scientific concepts, discussion over state of the art and possible achievements|
Is the slack still active?
The slack is still active as at Feb 2017. This section will be updated from time to time.