Less Wrong meetup groups
- Mailing list: BayAreaLessWrong
- Venue: Oxford Street Starbucks, on Wednesdays at 7pm
Tortuga (in Mountain View)
- Venue: Private residence, on Thursdays at 7pm (see mailing list for details)
- Hosted by: Shannon Friedman and Divia Melwani
- Mailing list: Less Wrong Chicago
- Venue: Shakespeare's Head, Holborn. Look for the Art Lebedev paperclip sign on our table.
- Schedule: First Sunday of every second month (January and March 2011 so far).
- Mailing list: LessWrongLondon
New York City
The NYC meetup group is split into various groups based on interest. For more information on how to attend, please join the relevant mailing list.
For general discussion, social activities, and games nights.
- Weekly, Tuesday, 7-11pm, Private Residence
- Mailing list: Main Google Group
For active self-improvement via goal-setting, commitment, and reinforcement, and getting things done.
- Weekly, Thursday, 7-11pm, Private Residence
- Mailing list: Self Improvement Group
Bayesian Conspiracy: NYC
For discussion of rationality topics related to the sequences / Columbia University student education group.
- Weekly, Sundays, Columbia University Campus
- Mailing list: Columbia Group
- Typical Venue: Restaurants in Los Angeles and Orange County
- Schedule: About once a month, on a weekend
- Primary Organizer: JenniferRM JenniferRM
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
For help with transportation, check for carpool opportunities in meetup announcements and comments.
- Venue: Bars by St. George subway station, currently Bedford Academy
- Schedule: Biweekly, Thursdays at 8 PM. Join the mailing list to find out which Thursdays.
- Mailing List: Toronto Google Group
- Not a regular meetup group yet, but there is a mailing list: LW-Seattle
- Humans are not automatically strategic by AnnaSalamon
- Less Wrong NYC: Case Study of a Successful Rationalist Chapter by Cosmos