Less Wrong meetup groups
- 1 USA
- 1.1 Bay Area, CA
- 1.2 Cambridge, MA
- 1.3 Chicago, IL
- 1.4 New York City, NY
- 1.5 Research Triangle, NC (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
- 1.6 Southern California, CA
- 1.7 Seattle, WA
- 1.8 St Louis, MO
- 2 Canada
- 3 Europe
- 4 Australia
- 5 Blog posts
- 6 See also
Bay Area, CA
- Mailing list: BayAreaLessWrong
- Venue: Oxford Street Starbucks, on Wednesdays at 7pm
Tortuga (in Mountain View)
- Mailing list
- Venue: Private residence, Thursdays, 7pm
- Hosted by: Shannon Friedman and Divia Melwani
- For venue information: Email Shannon or Divia.
- meetup.com group
- First and third Sunday of every month, 2pm
- Mailing list: Less Wrong Chicago
New York City, NY
The NYC meetup group is split into various groups based on interest. For more information on how to attend, please join the relevant mailing list.
For general discussion, social activities, and games nights.
- Weekly, Tuesday, 7-11pm, Private Residence
- Mailing list: Main Google Group
For active self-improvement via goal-setting, commitment, and reinforcement, and getting things done.
- Weekly, Thursday, 7-11pm, Private Residence
- Mailing list: Self Improvement Group
Bayesian Conspiracy: NYC
For discussion of rationality topics related to the sequences / Columbia University student education group.
- Weekly, Monday, 8-9pm, Columbia University Campus (often room 316 in the Hamilton building)
- Mailing list: Columbia Group
Research Triangle, NC (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
- Mailing list: Research Triangle Less Wrong
Southern California, CA
- Typical Venue: Restaurants in Los Angeles and Orange County
- Schedule: About once a month, on a weekend
- Primary Organizer: JenniferRM JenniferRM
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
For help with transportation, check for carpool opportunities in meetup announcements and comments.
- Has been meeting every other Sunday, see mailing list for details.
- Mailing list: LW-Seattle
St Louis, MO
- On break for the summer. Join the mailing list if you're in town and want to try to get people together anyway.
- Mailing list: Less Wrong St Louis
- Venue: Bars by St. George subway station, currently Bedford Academy.
- Schedule: Biweekly, Thursdays at 8 PM. Join the mailing list for details.
- Mailing List: Toronto Google Group
We're still working out where and how often the group will meet.
- Mailing list: Ottawa Google Group
- Venue: Shakespeare's Head, Holborn. Look for the Art Lebedev paperclip sign on our table.
- Schedule: First Sunday of every second month (January and March 2011 so far).
- Mailing list: LessWrongLondon
- Humans are not automatically strategic by AnnaSalamon
- Less Wrong NYC: Case Study of a Successful Rationalist Chapter by Cosmos