Less Wrong meetup groups
- 1 USA
- 1.1 Atlanta, GA
- 1.2 Austin, TX
- 1.3 Bay Area, CA
- 1.4 Cambridge, MA
- 1.5 Chicago, IL
- 1.6 Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
- 1.7 Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1.8 Washington, DC
- 1.9 Madison, WI
- 1.10 New York City, NY
- 1.11 Ohio
- 1.12 Philadelphia, PA
- 1.13 Pittsburgh, PA
- 1.14 Portland, OR
- 1.15 Research Triangle, NC (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
- 1.16 Salt Lake City, UT
- 1.17 Socorro, NM
- 1.18 Southern California, CA
- 1.19 Seattle, WA
- 1.20 St Louis, MO
- 2 Canada
- 3 Europe
- 4 Australia
- 5 Blog posts
- 6 See also
- Venue: JP's Java, on Saturdays at 1:30pm.
Bay Area, CA
- Mailing list: BayAreaLessWrong
- Meets every Wednesday evening at 7pm
- Meetings are at Oxford Street Starbucks or Zendo, a private residence.
- For meetup announcements, see the BayAreaLessWrong mailing list.
- Hasn't had a meetup in a while
- Mailing list: lw-sf
- Wiki page
- Mailing list
- Venue: Private residence, every Tuesday, 7pm
- Formerly hosted at Tortuga
- Join the mailing list for announcements, new location, &c.
- Venue: 475 Gate 5 Road, Suite #300, Sausalito, California 94903, Tuesdays, 7pm
- Hosted by: Gustave Wuterich, Nevin Freeman
- For further information: Email Gustave or stop by the SF Bay Area discussion group for further contact details.
- meetup.com group
- First and third Sunday of every month, 2pm
Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
- Meets every Sunday at 1 PM at America's Best Coffee in Arlington
- Mailing list: 
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Recurring meetup being rescheduled.
- Mailing list: Less Wrong DC
- For venue information, PM Benquo or atucker.
- Meets every Sunday at 7pm, often in people's houses or in coffee shops
- Mailing list: Madison mailing list
- Contact: orthonormal
New York City, NY
- Weekly, Tuesday, 7-11pm, Private Residence. Occasionally on Thursdays as well.
- Mailing list: Main Google Group
- Central Ohio meets on the third Sunday at the Max & Erma's in Wilmington (between Cincinnati, Columbus, and Dayton)
- Irregular city-specific meetups. Join mailing list for details!
- Mailing lists: Less Wrong: Ohio, Less Wrong: Cleveland
- We are in the process of establishing a regular meetup group and time. Please feel free to join us!
- Mailing list: LessWrong Philadelphia
- Mailing list: Pittsburgh Less Wrong
- Current schedule: Every two weeks, Saturday 12-2 PM. Kenton Station (8303 North Denver Avenue Portland, OR 97217). Next meeting is October 20th, 2012.
- Location may be changed before each meetup; check the mailing list to know for certain where it will be.
- Mailing list: LessWrong Portland
Research Triangle, NC (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
- Mailing list: Research Triangle Less Wrong
Salt Lake City, UT
- Google Group/mailing list: 
- and Google Site: 
- Website: nmt.edu/~waffles/baycon
- Usually meets Sunday evenings in Cramer 101 at NMT (check website for firm schedule)
- Contact: jcrawfordor
Southern California, CA
- Typical Venue: Restaurants in Los Angeles and Orange County
- Schedule: About once a month, on a weekend
- Primary Organizer: JenniferRM JenniferRM
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
- Calendar: SoCal LW Meetups
For help with transportation, check for carpool opportunities in meetup announcements and comments.
- Biweekly, Wednesdays, 7pm - 9pm, in the 2nd floor wine bar of the Westside Tavern in the Westside Pavillion.
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
- Meets the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month in the U-District, see mailing list for details.
- Eastside meetups are happening on an ad-hoc schedule, see mailing list for details.
- Mailing list: LW-Seattle
St Louis, MO
- We have a new Less Wrong St. Louis group at meetup.com.
- Venue: Bars by Dundas subway station, currently upstairs at The Imperial Public Library 54 Dundas St. E.
- Schedule: Weekly, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 PM. Join the mailing list for details.
- Mailing List: Toronto Google Group
- We do not yet have regular meetups due to lack of members.
- Contact Tuxedage for details.
We're still working out where and how often the group will meet.
- Mailing list: Ottawa Google Group
We meet every Thursday at 18:00.
We do most of our organizing on a mailing list: Vancouver Rationalists
- Venue: variable, see list and LessWrong. Look for the Art Lebedev paperclip sign on our table.
- Schedule: No schedule at present.
- Mailing list: LessWrongLondon
- Oxford Rationality Meetups
- Venue: Exeter College
- Schedule: Saturday termtimes - normally 6-8pm.
- Contact Larks or AlexFlint for details.
- Venue: JCR, Trinity College (Directions).
- Schedule: 11am Sundays during University term time. Meetings during university vacations with irregular times and places -- join the mailing list to see when something's going to happen, or to suggest a meetup.
- Mailing list: CambridgeLessWrong
- Contact AlexeyM or Jonathan_Lee
- Venue: California Coffee Company Basilica (coffee shop), Szent Istvan ter 4-5. Link
- Schedule: weekends, see mailing list.
- Mailing list: BudLessWrong
- Contact AlexeyM or katyusha
- contact : Axel
- venue : La Fleur en Papier Doré: Rue des Alexiens 55 1000 Bruxelles
- frequency : monthly (usually Saturday at noon)
- average attendance : see dedicated Brussels meetup group page
- Mailing list: lw-berlin
- Contact spuckblase or blob
- Schedule: biweekly, alternating Saturday and a weekday
- Mailing list: [groups.google.com/group/less-wrong-copenhagen less-wrong-copenhagen]
- Venue: “Subway” restaurant, Ostozhenka 14.
- Schedule: on Saturdays every three weeks.
- Discussion and announcements in Russian: Rationality Forum.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three regular meetups: Practical rationality (1st Fri each month), outreach (schedule still unsettled), and social (3rd Fri each month).
- Venue: Practical rationality at Trike (usually - check the meetup post), social at Ben's house (look for a meetup post with more hints).
- Mailing list: Melbourne Less Wrong
- Humans are not automatically strategic by AnnaSalamon
- Less Wrong NYC: Case Study of a Successful Rationalist Chapter by Cosmos
- Epistle to the New York Less Wrongians by Eliezer Yudkowsky