Less Wrong meetup groups
- 1 USA
- 1.1 Albany, NY
- 1.2 Atlanta, GA
- 1.3 Austin, TX
- 1.4 Bay Area, CA
- 1.5 Boston, MA
- 1.6 Chicago, IL
- 1.7 Columbus, OH
- 1.8 Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
- 1.9 Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1.10 Washington, DC
- 1.11 Madison, WI
- 1.12 New York City, NY
- 1.13 Ohio
- 1.14 Phoenix, AZ
- 1.15 Philadelphia, PA
- 1.16 Pittsburgh, PA
- 1.17 Portland, OR
- 1.18 Research Triangle, NC (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
- 1.19 Salt Lake City, UT
- 1.20 Socorro, NM
- 1.21 Southern California, CA
- 1.22 Seattle, WA
- 1.23 St Louis, MO
- 2 Canada
- 3 Europe
- 3.1 London, UK
- 3.2 Oxford, UK
- 3.3 Cambridge, UK
- 3.4 Helsinki, Finland
- 3.5 Budapest, Hungary
- 3.6 Brussels, Belgium
- 3.7 Berlin, Germany
- 3.8 Frankfurt/Mainz, Germany
- 3.9 Munich, Germany
- 3.10 Copenhagen, Denmark
- 3.11 Moscow, Russia
- 3.12 Paris, France
- 3.13 Poznan, Poland
- 3.14 The Netherlands
- 3.15 Vienna, Austria
- 4 Australia
- 5 Virtual
- 6 Blog posts
- 7 See also
- Weekly meetings, announced on mailing list: Less Wrong NY Capital Region
- Venue: JP's Java, on Saturdays at 1:30pm.
Bay Area, CA
- Mailing list: BayAreaLessWrong
- Meets every Wednesday evening at 7pm
- Meetings are at Oxford Street Starbucks or Zendo, a private residence.
- For meetup announcements, see the BayAreaLessWrong mailing list.
- Hasn't had a meetup in a while
- Mailing list: lw-sf
- Wiki page
- Mailing list
- Venue: Private residence, every Tuesday, 7pm
- Formerly hosted at Tortuga
- Join the mailing list for announcements, new location, &c.
- Contact: fiddlemath
- Venue: 475 Gate 5 Road, Suite #300, Sausalito, California 94903, Tuesdays, 7pm
- Hosted by: Gustave Wuterich, Nevin Freeman
- For further information: Email Gustave or stop by the SF Bay Area discussion group for further contact details.
- meetup.com group
- Meets at 2pm every Sunday at MIT
- Columbus Rationality is a very active group. We hold workshops every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Monday of the month, at 7:30 PM, at the HCCO conference room.
- Meetup page (posted under HCCO umbrella): 
- Facebook group: 
- Contact: daenerys
Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
- Meets every Sunday at 1 PM at America's Best Coffee in Arlington
- Mailing list: 
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Recurring meetup most Sundays at 15:00.
- Mailing list: Less Wrong DC
- Contacts: rocurley, maia or PhilipL.
- Meets every Sunday at 7pm, often in people's houses or in coffee shops
- Mailing list: Madison mailing list
- Contact: orthonormal
New York City, NY
- Weekly, Tuesday, 7-11pm, Private Residence.
- Self-improvement group meets every other Sunday, 3:30-5:30pm, Private Residence.
- Mailing list: Main Google Group
- Active groups in: Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland.
- Each active city has a meetup about once per month. Join mailing list for details!
- Mailing lists: Less Wrong: Ohio, Less Wrong: Cleveland
- Contacts: daenerys, or Raelifin(for Cleveland)
- We currently meet every Tuesday at 12pm for lunch at Engrained in the Arizona State University Memorial Union.
- Contact: Danny_Hintze
- We are in the process of establishing a regular meetup group and time. Please feel free to join us!
- Mailing list: LessWrong Philadelphia
- Mailing list: Pittsburgh Less Wrong
- Current schedule: Every two weeks, Saturday 12-2 PM. Kenton Station (8303 North Denver Avenue Portland, OR 97217). Next meeting is October 20th, 2012.
- Location may be changed before each meetup; check the mailing list to know for certain where it will be.
- Mailing list: LessWrong Portland
Research Triangle, NC (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
- Mailing list: Research Triangle Less Wrong
- Durham Bi-weekly LW meetups every other Thursday at 7:00 p.m. at Cocoa Cinnamon (420 W Geer St, Durham NC 27701)
- Durham Bi-weekly HPMoR discussion meetups every other Saturday around 12:30 p.m. at Fullsteam (726 Rigsbee Av, Durham NC 27701)
- Refer to the calendar for exact meetup dates.
Salt Lake City, UT
- Google Group/mailing list: 
- and Google Site: 
- Website: nmt.edu/~waffles/baycon
- Usually meets Sunday evenings in Cramer 101 at NMT (check website for firm schedule)
- Contact: jcrawfordor
Southern California, CA
- Typical Venue: Restaurants in Los Angeles and Orange County
- Schedule: About once a month, on a weekend
- Primary Organizer: JenniferRM JenniferRM
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
- Calendar: SoCal LW Meetups
For help with transportation, check for carpool opportunities in meetup announcements and comments.
- Weekly, Wednesdays at 7pm in the 2nd floor wine bar of the Westside Tavern in the Westside Pavillion.
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
- Meets the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month in the U-District, see mailing list for details.
- Eastside meetups are happening on an ad-hoc schedule, see mailing list for details.
- Mailing list: LW-Seattle
St Louis, MO
- We have a new Less Wrong St. Louis group at meetup.com.
- Venue: World's Biggest Bookstore, 20 Edward Street, Second Floor Meeting Room.
Or: Bars by Dundas subway station, currently upstairs at The Imperial Public Library 54 Dundas St. E.
- Schedule: Weekly, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 PM. Join the meetup group for details.
- Join our Toronto Meetup Group
- We do not yet have regular meetups due to lack of members.
- Contact Tuxedage for details.
- Time: Tuesday at 8pm
- Venue: We have recently moved to UW's Student Life Center and meet for ten minutes in front of the turnkey desk. This is likely to change in the summer, however.
- Mailing list: Waterloo Google Group
Our next meetup will be a joint event with the Ottawa Skeptics, and will happen on Thursday September 26th from 7-10 pm at the Royal Oak, at 221 Echo Drive. This event is part of a series of presentations by LW user Swimmer963 on rationality topics. The topic will be "Thinking in Bayes", based on the CFAR Bayes curriculum.
Previous meetups have included presentations on books and discussions on HPMOR.
- Mailing list: Ottawa Google Group Not regularly in use.
- Meetup.com site: Less Wrong Ottawa will no longer be advertised on Meetup.com, though related Ottawa Skeptics pub events will cover the same interest group. If you are interested in RSVP'ing for the LW meetups, you can send a private message to user Swimmer963.
- Venue: Private residence
- Contact: 
We meet every week, usually somewhere in Kitsilano or downtown.
We do most of our organizing on a mailing list: Vancouver Rationalists
- Venue: variable, see list and LessWrong. But very often the Shakespeare's Head, London WC2B 6BG map. Look for the Art Lebedev paperclip sign on our table.
- Schedule: Fortnightly meetups on every second Sunday at 2:00 pm.
- LessWrongLondon Mailing list
- Less Wrong London Facebook group
- Oxford Rationality Meetups
- Venue: Exeter College
- Schedule: Saturday termtimes - normally 6-8pm.
- Contact Larks or AlexFlint for details.
- Venue: JCR, Trinity College (Directions).
- Schedule: 11am Sundays during University term time. Meetings during university vacations with irregular times and places -- join the mailing list to see when something's going to happen, or to suggest a meetup.
- Mailing list: CambridgeLessWrong
- Contact AlexeyM or Jonathan_Lee
- Venue: California Coffee Company Basilica (coffee shop), Szent Istvan ter 4-5. Link
- Schedule: weekends, see mailing list.
- Mailing list: BudLessWrong
- Contact AlexeyM or katyusha
- contact : Axel
- mailing list : lesswrong-brussels
- venue : La Fleur en Papier Doré: Rue des Alexiens 55 1000 Bruxelles
- frequency : monthly (usually Saturday at noon)
- average attendance : see dedicated Brussels meetup group page
- Mailing list: lw-berlin
- Contact spuckblase or blob
- Schedule: biweekly, alternating Saturday and a weekday
- Mailing list: lesswrong-munich
- Schedule: irregular
- Mailing list: less-wrong-copenhagen
- Schedule: Sundays every two weeks, 4pm.
- Discussion and announcements in Russian: Rationality Forum.
- Mailing list: rationality-in-moscow
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to start meet up group in another Russian city, feel free contact us, we will help with anything we can.
- Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/less-wrong-poznan
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lw.poznan/
- Schedule: Sundays at 6 - 8 pm, but check mailing list or fb page for up-to-date info
- Contact: mail
Nothing yet, please contact me if you might be interested. I know I am! ~Mqrius
- Facebook group
- Meets every month
- Contact Ratcourse to be added to the mailing list
- Three regular meetups: Practical rationality (1st Fri each month), outreach via our meetup.com page, and social (3rd Fri each month).
- Irregular social outings and excursions, project groups, and rationality dojos.
- Venue: Practical rationality at Trike (usually - check the meetup post), social at Ben's house (look for a meetup post with more hints). The Isengard rationalist share house in Docklands also occasionally hosts events.
- Mailing list: Melbourne Less Wrong
Online Study Hall
- Study Hall norms and expectations
- Meets 24/7 at this Tinychat Room
- Documentation of the founding of the Study Hall
- Discussion, volunteering, and feature requests for v2
- Humans are not automatically strategic by AnnaSalamon
- Less Wrong NYC: Case Study of a Successful Rationalist Chapter by Cosmos
- Epistle to the New York Less Wrongians by Eliezer Yudkowsky