Less Wrong meetups (deprecated)
- 1 USA
- 2 Canada
- 3 Europe
- 4 Australia
- 5 Blog posts
- 6 See also
Bay Area, CA
- Mailing list: BayAreaLessWrong
- Venue: Oxford Street Starbucks, on Wednesdays at 7pm
- Mailing list: lw-sf
Tortuga (in Mountain View)
- Mailing list
- Venue: Private residence, Thursdays, 7pm
- Hosted by: Shannon Friedman and Divia Melwani
- meetup.com group
- First and third Sunday of every month, 2pm
- Mailing list: Less Wrong Chicago
New York City, NY
The NYC meetup group is split into various groups based on interest. For more information on how to attend, please join the relevant mailing list.
For general discussion, social activities, and games nights.
- Weekly, Tuesday, 7-11pm, Private Residence
- Mailing list: Main Google Group
For active self-improvement via goal-setting, commitment, and reinforcement, and getting things done.
- Weekly, Thursday, 7-11pm, Private Residence
- Mailing list: Self Improvement Group
Bayesian Conspiracy: NYC
For discussion of rationality topics related to the sequences / Columbia University student education group.
- Weekly, Monday, 8-9pm, Columbia University Campus
- Mailing list: Columbia Group
Southern California, CA
- Typical Venue: Restaurants in Los Angeles and Orange County
- Schedule: About once a month, on a weekend
- Primary Organizer: JenniferRM JenniferRM
- Mailing List: Less Wrong Southern California Announcements
For help with transportation, check for carpool opportunities in meetup announcements and comments.
- Not a regular meetup group yet, but there is a mailing list: LW-Seattle
- Venue: Bars by St. George subway station, currently Bedford Academy
- Schedule: Biweekly, Thursdays at 8 PM. Join the mailing list to find out which Thursdays.
- Mailing List: Toronto Google Group
We're still working out where and how often the group will meet.
- Mailing list: Ottawa Google Group
- Venue: Shakespeare's Head, Holborn. Look for the Art Lebedev paperclip sign on our table.
- Schedule: First Sunday of every second month (January and March 2011 so far).
- Mailing list: LessWrongLondon
- Humans are not automatically strategic by AnnaSalamon
- Less Wrong NYC: Case Study of a Successful Rationalist Chapter by Cosmos