Lesswrongwiki:Sequence Post Exercises
So as to avoid duplication of effort in the carrying-out of this project, this page will list all posts in the Sequences for which a member of the Less Wrong community has taken charge of exercise creation. They will do so by posting a new list item with their name and their chosen post. Those volunteering to be betas (i.e. test readers) for any given exercise may indicate their intentions to do so in a sublist. When the exercises are finished, the Less Wrong member in charge will edit their list item to include a link to the new exercises post.
- 1 Guidelines & Suggestions
- 2 Major Sequences
- 3 Minor Sequences
- 3.1 Map and Territory
- 3.2 Ethical Injunctions
- 3.3 The Simple Math of Evolution
- 3.4 Challenging the Difficult
- 3.5 Coming of Age
- 3.6 Positivism, Self Deception, and Neuroscience by Yvain
- 3.7 Priming and Implicit Association by Yvain
- 3.8 Decision Theory of Newcomblike Problems by AnnaSalamon
- 3.9 Living Luminously by Alicorn
- 3.10 The Science of Winning at Life by lukeprog
Guidelines & Suggestions
- Avoid "forward links" i.e., links to material a first time reader wouldn't have reached yet. The idea is to make the exercises self-contained. You read an article and do the exercises, without spawning a million tabs in the process.
- Provide answers in a comment on the post. If an exercise does not have a single correct answer, provide the answer you would give if you were completing the exercise.
- Making Beliefs Pay Rent (in Anticipated Experiences) -- exercises to be written by RobinZ, starting date Sunday, April 3, planned completion date Sunday, April 17. Karma motivation comment.
- Belief in Belief and Bayesian Judo -- exercises to be written by folkTheory, starting date Sunday, April 3, planned completion date Sunday, April 17. Karma motivation comment.
- Beta reading volunteers: RobinZ.
- Words as Hidden Inferences -- excercises to be written by Normal Anomaly, starting date Sunday, April 3, planned completion date Sunday, April 17. Karma motivation comment.