A philosophical zombie or p-zombie is a hypothetical being that looks and behaves exactly like a person, but is not really conscious. A p-zombie is as likely as anyone else to ask "when I see red, do I see the same colour that you see when you see red" but they have no real experience of the colour red.
Many LW/OB contributors believe that the idea of p-zombies is not meaningful.
Less Wrong/Overcoming Bias articles
- Zombies! Zombies?, Eliezer Yudkowsky
- Zombie Responses, Eliezer Yudkowsky
- The Generalized Anti-Zombie Principle, Eliezer Yudkowsky
- Zombies: The Movie, Eliezer Yudkowsky
- GAZP vs. GLUT, Eliezer Yudkowsky