This is a list of errata for the first edition of Rationality: From AI to Zombies, by Eliezer Yudkowsky. You can add any errors you notice here, or email them to email@example.com.
Thanks for pointing out these mistakes go to: Gram Stone, Wayne McDougall.
74. Avoiding Your Belief's Real Weak Points
- "My point is that, when it comes to spontaneous self-questioning, one is much more likely to spontaneously self-attack strong points with comforting replies to rehearse, then to spontaneously self-attack the weakest, most vulnerable points." should say "than" in place of "then." This is an important meaning difference, albeit one that's easy to glean from context.
76. Fake Justification
- "Renown is one reasonable criteria" should be "Renown is one reasonable criterion"
87. Anchoring and Adjustment
- "then they adjust upward or downward from their starting estimate until they reached an answer that “sounded plausible”; and then they stopped adjusting." should be "then they adjust upward or downward from their starting estimate until they reach an answer that “sounds plausible”; and then they stop adjusting." to maintain tense consistency.
150. The Hidden Complexity of Wishes
- "programming an Arithmetic Expert Systems" should be "programming Arithmetic Expert Systems"
157. Similarity Clusters
- "these things may serve out to single out only humans" should be "these things may serve to single out only humans"
Interlude: An Intuitive Explanation of Bayes's Theorem
- "a women" should be "a woman"
184. Beautiful Probability
- "taken as a the limit of a finite process" should be "taken as the limit of a finite process"
187. Perpetual Motion Beliefs
- "why couldn’t be the case" should be "why that couldn’t be the case"
- "sticking in your finger into boiling water" should be "sticking your finger into boiling water"
204. Bind Yourself to Reality
- "Think like Reality" should be capitalized "Think Like Reality".
214. Hands v. Fingers
- "That that’s why we have" should be "That’s why we have".
247. Science Isn't Strict Enough
- "you could know things without looking them" should be "you could know things without looking at them"