Rationality power tools
A Rationality power tool is a computer program that assists with rationality, either epistemic or instrumental. They are not games - power tools are tools, and have the flexibility to be applied to multiple situations while guiding or enhancing their users' power to win or "improve their understanding."
- 1 Existing tools
- 2 Defunct
- 3 In development
- 4 Proposed
- 5 Blog post
- 6 See also
- BitCoin – Cryptocurrency
- ChipIn – For raising funding for projects.
- ThePoint – Non-financial coordination.
- KickStarter – For raising funding for projects. Donations are collected only if a certain threshold is reached.
Main article: Debate tools
- TakeOnIt – A database of expert opinion.
Greasemonkey scripts and proxies
These programs change the behavior or appearance of websites.
- PredictionBook – "a site to record and track your predictions."
- Foresight Exchange – Free website; a funny-money prediction market, ancestor of Consensus Point and The Idea Futures package
- Intrade – Real money prediction market
- ipredict – New Zealand based prediction market.
- Zocalo – software to set up a prediction market
- Gambit – "Gambit is a set of software tools for doing computation on finite, noncooperative games."
- R – "General-purpose open-source cross-platform statistical language with a staggering array of user-contributed and actively developed add-on packages."
- BUGS – "Bayesian inference Using Gibbs Sampling"
- Org-mode – for Emacs. "org-mode can do clocking (to see how long I'm spending on tasks), all kinds of reminders, todo-lists and can even check which of my 'projects' currently don't have a NextAction defined" - djcb
Discussed in "Avoid interruptions by time-shifting them"
Spaced repetition is a method for memorizing important material.
- Anki – Has sets created by Divia related to the sequences. Multiplatform including iPhone.
- jMemorize – Java based.
Personal data tallying/Self experimentation
- [Wrong Tomorrow http://lesswrong.com/lw/z1/wrong_tomorrow/]
- whpearson is working on a Control Market
- DilGreen has proposed a Structured Agreement Tool for the development of communities around propositions.