Difference between revisions of "Science"
(added blog posts)
m (→See also)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
Revision as of 06:59, 15 August 2009
Science is a method for developing true beliefs about the world. It works by developing hypotheses about the world, creating experiments that would allow the hypotheses to be tested, and running the experiments. By having people publish their falsifiable predictions and their experimental results, science protects itself from individuals deceiving themselves or others.
Posts by Eliezer Yudkowsky:
- Scientific Evidence, Legal Evidence, Rational Evidence
- Is Molecular Nanotechnology "Scientific"?
- No One Knows What Science Doesn't Know
- The Beauty of Settled Science
- The Dilemma: Science or Bayes? and Science Doesn't Trust Your Rationality
- When Science Can't Help, Science Isn't Strict Enough, Do Scientists Already Know This Stuff? and No Safe Defense, Not Even Science