New questions for the FAQ can be submitted on this page.
(how) Can I view the sources of my Karma?
(how) Am I notified when people reply to my comments?
Where can I ask questions about LessWrong? (((I know the answer is here, but new users won't know this automatically)))
How should I use tags for my posts?
Is there a list of tags by popularity?
How can I search by tag?
What software does LessWrong use?
Are there formal ways to contribute or suggest changes to the operation of LessWrong as a community and as a website?
To what extent is LessWrong focused on AI, AI risk, and the singularity, vs. rationality? What is the relationship between these topics?
The FAQ should include a link to the facebook page but I don't know how bring up the issue in the form of a question. Like "How can I signal my membership in this group elsewhere on the internet?" Heh.--Jack 02:03, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
Who is actually in charge of this wiki? Where do we report technical issues? For example, on this wiki, visited links and unvisited links are displayed in exactly the same color. I find this very annoying, and I would assume that at least some other users also find this annoying. Also, who is in charge of the main Less Wrong site, and where do we report technical issues about the main site? --PeerInfinity 18:35, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- For technical issues, there is a Report Issues link at the bottom of the main site. I guess recoloring the links can be done by customizing MediaWiki:Common.css, which I already used to fix an issue with displaying references via the "cite journal" template. --Vladimir Nesov 19:22, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I went ahead and made the visited links darker and bluer than the unvisited links. If you don't like the new color, you can go ahead and tweak it however you like. --PeerInfinity 20:00, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
On the main lesswrong.com site, where is the link to http://lesswrong.com/recentposts ? I still haven't found a "Recent Posts" link anywhere on the Less Wrong website. --PeerInfinity 16:11, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's linked to from the section name on the right that lists a few recent posts. --Vladimir Nesov 16:19, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. --PeerInfinity 16:33, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Are there "next post" / "previous post" links somewhere in the Less Wrong article pages? --PeerInfinity 01:40, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
It would be good to have the karma section contain more information about how posts get promoted and how they are displayed. Some posts have their karma score in green disk and some have it in a grey circle. Only green disk posts are in the "promoted" link, even though some grey posts have a very high karma number. But I do not know how a post becomes promoted. Is it based on some function of positive vs. negative karma? Or are there certain blessed users who can choose to promote a post or not, no matter what the karma? Some combination? Either a link to where this information is kept or a full explanation should probably be in here. Michaelsullivan 19:07, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Added. Though it's a little vague because the policy itself is vague. Is Eliezer the only editor?--Jack 20:34, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
> How difficult is the material in the sequences? > It's relatively straightforward. They are written for amateurs without any assumed previous knowledge in the subjects covered. I have a strong sense that this is not true. I have a neuroscience degree and have worked as a programmer for two years, and I often have trouble understanding things. It seems to me that articles often require prerequisite understanding of things like AI, and that this makes them difficult to understand. Eliezer himself acknowledged that he needs to do a better job of making the material more accessible ([here](http://lesswrong.com/lw/kh/explainers_shoot_high_aim_low/), and in the Preface to Rationality: From AI to Zombies (sort of)).