A moral philosophy that says that what matters is the sum of everyone's welfare, or the "greatest good for the greatest number".
- The "Intuitions" Behind "Utilitarianism"
- Torture vs. Dust Specks
- Circular Altruism
- The Allais Paradox
- Zut Allais!
- Not for the Sake of Happiness (Alone)
- For the People Who Are Still Alive
- Ends Don't Justify Means (Among Humans)
- Hardened Problems Make Brittle Models
- Metaethics sequence
- Shut up and multiply
- Game theory, Decision theory, Preference
- Hedons, Utilons, Fuzzies
- Repugnant conclusion