Talk:Less Wrong/2006 Articles/Summaries
I have the same doubts about the worth of this summary-writing enterprise as before. Fleshing out stub articles is likely a better use of one's effort. --Vladimir Nesov 08:29, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. If you're looking for a big table to obsessively fill in, I think it would be more useful to fill in the "All Articles" tables. First fill in the column listing what concepts are introduced or discussed in the article, then make wiki pages for those concepts, possibly including a quote from that article. Also add a link to the article in the "Blog posts" section of the wiki page.
- Also, I was considering setting up a script to check if the links on the wiki pages match the list in the "All Articles" pages, and to report which links still need to be added.
- Also, I heard that someone already wrote short summaries of the articles, but I still haven't found these summaries.
- Update: I found those summaries, but only the first 27 posts are actually summarized: http://rob-zahra.blogspot.com/2009/04/overcoming-bias-summaries.html
- Also, Eliezer summarized many of his own articles. See, for example:
- Here are the links to the "All articles" pages:
- Less Wrong/2006 Articles
- Less Wrong/2007 Articles
- Less Wrong/2008 Articles
- Less Wrong/2009 Articles
- Less Wrong/2010 Articles
- --PeerInfinity 14:27, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Noted. No obsessiveness was involved -- due to a miscommunication, we believed Eliezer would have to spend time doing these summaries if others didn't do them, but this turns out not to be the case. Other than the sequences, though, I'm not aware of any existing summaries. --steven0461
Here are shortcuts to the summary pages: